Bar Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: General Manager
Position Summary: Oversee the bar operations of the restaurant. Supervise bar staff to ensure high standards of customer service. Train, uphold and enforce company policy and procedures. Serve as point of contact for problem resolution. Work to control costs and ensure profitability for the bar. Responsible for inventory ordering, control and reporting and development of the bar menu, bar promotions and specials.
- Schedule and train all bar staff and serve as a leader for staff
- Provide excellent customer service to all bar customers
- Secure kegs from warehouse for serving on draft at the pub, retail orders, special orders and charitable donations
- Ensure that pub is stocked with necessary glassware (pints, sampler glasses, growlers) and coasters
- Place weekly inventory orders and perform inventory cycle counts. Provide inventory reporting to accounting monthly.
- Control inventory cost by monitoring vendor prices and controlling inventory loss
- Work with vendors and management staff to develop bar menu, promotions and specials
- Provide pub tours
- Develop and assist with the execution of ideas for special events
- Communicate with bar patrons and staff conveying specials and promotions.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of food and beverages being served to answer questions and provide helpful suggestions
- Oversee cleanliness of bar, work areas, and tables
- Ensure a sanitized and well-stocked bar
- Execute the accurate and efficient completion of opening and/or closing procedures
- Respond to and practice responsible serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Uphold all customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
- Uphold to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
- Previous bartending experience
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Self-driven and good at prioritizing time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TIPS alcohol training
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous full-service restaurant experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Filing documents
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Critical reasoning
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Service orientation
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.