Brewer – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Head Brewer
Position Summary: Brewer is responsible for all processes and procedures surrounding the brewing process, including cellar work, yeast handling and quality control specific to brewing.
- Follows the production schedule and daily tasks determined by Brewery Supervisor and/or Head Brewer.
- Receives and inspects all raw materials (grain, hops, yeast, etc.)
- Completes brew house operations including: milling grain, mashing in and boiling wort, monitoring fermentation and conditioning, and ensuring correct temperatures.
- Filters and/or centrifuges finished beer, as necessary.
- Carbonates beer as required.
- Racks product according to schedule.
- Fully completes and maintains brew log.
- Completes CIP processes and procedures according to SOP.
- Deals with chemicals of varying composition.
- Cleans lines at brewery, as necessary.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure quality control.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous production brewing experience.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Knowledge and understanding of the science of brewing and fermentation.
- Strong communication skills; good work ethic; ability to deal with change
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable science.
- Formal brewing education.
- Production experience in brewery producing > 25,000 bbls/year
- Brewhouse, Cellar and Packaging experience is preferred
- Available to work throughout the week including nights and weekends
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Working in a loud production environment
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
- Exposure to grain dust
- Exposure to steamy wet spent grain
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.