Chain Accounts Sales Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Sales Director
Position Summary: Responsible for maximizing sales of the Foothills brand through personal selling efforts and regular contact with chain stores, distributors and retailers.
- Develop contacts and call frequencies to increase Foothills Market share with on and off premise chain accounts
- Build and maintain close working relationship with Chain Managers within each territory
- Plan, execute and coordinate the annual business plan for assigned customers while driving accountability at the distributor level
- Develop quarterly chain accounts target lists built from goals and objectives
- Facilitate communication of wholesaler’s pricing to chain buyers and price teams
- Work closely with sales team and distributors to ensure maximum execution of price promotions and displays
- Conduct chain team sales and business reviews with Foothills Market Managers and Distributor Chain Account managers.
- Track and communicate all chain activity to sales team
- Monitor competitive activity/pricing
- Track and analyze sales and distribution, ad features and draught placements
- Entertain retailers (including nights/weekends) and complete special projects as assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
- Other duties as required
- Strong knowledge of craft beer industry and retail customers
- Minimum 3 years’ chain account experience in industry
- Familiar with syndicated account sales data (IRI), VIP, I-Dig and KARMA software
- Basic knowledge of retail initiatives (particularly space/category management and profit based selling)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
- Strong creative thinking skills with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share
- Focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to turn data into action
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Ability to travel as required (8 to 12 days per month including up to 6 hours driving time)
- Valid drivers’ license
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Filing documents
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for several hours a day
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more that 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.