Footnote Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Director of Hospitality
Position Summary: Deliver exceptional customer service to all guests to ensure customer loyalty and repeat business. Serve guests promptly and courteously and maintain overall bar cleanliness and appearance Footnote. Train and manage all staff to ensure high standards of customer service. Assist Private Events Coordinator and Banquet Chef in planning and executing on-site events. Serve as primary point of contact for execution of private events.
- Consistently delivers a high standard of customer service for all guests
- Work with Bar Manager to develop bar menu and promote drink specials to increase bar sales
- Work with Private Events Coordinator and Banquet Chef in executing on-site private events.
- Serve as primary point of contact during private events. Oversee staff working events to ensure delivery of excellent customer service.
- Plan recurring events for the café space that will not conflict with private events and will increase sales and foot traffic in Footnote.
- Maintain a properly functioning, clean, organized, stocked, and secure space
- Perform opening and closing procedures as required
- Assist in training and overseeing staff, serving as a leader and providing a positive environment for staff, and providing opportunities for growth
- Responsible for inventory orders and control. Place weekly liquor, wine and beer orders with Foothills Bar Manager. Enforce inventory control procedures to eliminate waste and loss.
- Assist in providing food options for guests, including orders from Foothills kitchen and ensure grab & go coolers are properly stocked
- Monitor and report daily cash flow
- Practice responsible selling of alcoholic beverages
- Offer creative ideas and be flexible with the rapid growth of the business and evolving brand
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bartending experience required
- Banquet service/Private Event service preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Management experience preferred
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- Proficient in Excel, Word and POSI
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for several hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.