General Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Director of Hospitality
Position Summary: Manages and directs restaurant operations and activities to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth.
- Oversee and direct all restaurant operations, management and staff
- Maintain performance standards of excellence and motivate team through training, direction and positive role modeling
- Establish and maintain effective revenue management techniques to maximize restaurant revenues
- Monitor overall condition of restaurant, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Maintain visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure restaurant is performing at established standards.
- Ensure that patrons’ needs are fulfilled and their dining experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to guest feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment; monitor and maintain proper inventory levels; order supplies and equipment as needed.
- Ensure monthly inventory counts are performed accurately on the first of every month and take immediate action to control theft and prevent future loss
- Possess and maintain through understanding of industry and stay abreast of industry trends; communicate/incorporate information to assure restaurant remains current.
- Ensure all kitchen and food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensure adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Possess and maintain thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every beer/wine on the beverage list and by the glass; all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports as required.
- Interface with executive chef to plan menus and pricing, review daily specials and 86’d items, and develop menu preparation and implementation.
- Assist staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops restaurant staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Oversee the accurate and efficient completion of opening and/or closing procedures
- Offer creative ideas and be flexible with the rapid growth of the business and evolving brand
- Document any performance issues encountered with any employee immediately in their personnel file
- Constantly work to control costs
- Other duties as required
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient on MS Office applications, POSI, Gather
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable science.
- Formal brewing education.
- Production experience in brewery producing > 25,000 bbls/year
- Brewhouse, Cellar and Packaging experience is preferred
- Available to work throughout the week including nights and weekends
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Critical reasoning
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Service orientation
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.