Keg Washer – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
Position Summary: The keg washer is responsible for helping to prepare, wash and sanitize keg shells. The keg washer may be called upon to assist with the packaging crew. These tasks involve lifting, moving, pulling, pushing 50lb+, driving a forklift and working in a team environment. Packaging crew members are expected to have a positive attitude and contribute to the success of the packaging team and cleanliness of the brewery. This is a fast-paced working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quick and efficient performance of keg washing.
- Maintain a positive attitude and help foster a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate attention to detail during repetitive tasks.
- Lift 50lbs or more on a regular basis, and move greater amounts using a hand truck.
- Operate, clean, and sanitize the keg washing machine.
- Operate a forklift in a busy environment.
- Stack kegs with forklift.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 21 years or older
- Able to function in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Forklift proficiency
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Passionate about craft beverage industry
- Ability to be flexible in both schedule and duties
- Availability to work evenings and weekends if needed
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · Carrying · Writing · Bending · Stooping · Grasping
- · Standing · Twisting · Sitting · Lifting · Walking
- · Kneeling · Reaching overhead · Crouching
- Communicating with customers and co-workers · Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 50 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials in cleaning
- Working in a loud production environment
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.