Sales & Events Representative – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Position Summary: This is an entry level position and is a dual role, divided between
1. The execution of Events & Promotions in the Triad & other markets as needed.
2. Representing the Foothills Portfolio in WV and VA; managing distributors and key retailer relationships.
- Schedules, Plans and Executes events and other promotional activities. Festivals, Retail Sampling, Beer Dinners, Retail Staff Training and more throughout the entire distribution area
- Supports the efforts of the Foothills Market Sales Managers, Regional Sales Managers & Director of Marketing, as needed.
- Represents the company as primary point of contact and maintaining a scheduled call frequency with our distributors & key retailers in WV and VA
- Follows a planned retail call frequency on Top 100 and Prospect Retail accounts in VA & WV
- Works with on and off-premise distributor reps in VA & WV to “Team Sell” on a regular basis
- Monitors wholesaler inventory levels, product age, conducts regular warehouse audits and develops suggested monthly orders
- Utilizes Karma CRM system to manage their own daily tasks & activities and provide regular communication with all levels of distributor personnel and Foothills Management
- Completes necessary and required reports with timeliness and accuracy
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
- Other duties as required
- Ability to multi-task and travel extensively
- Must reside in the Triad, Winston Salem preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong beer knowledge, experience with draft handling & working with jockey box systems
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time, work odd hours, weekends and evenings
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree required/High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid drivers’ license, reliable car
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Filing documents
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working in a loud production environment
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more that 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.