Sous Chef – Winston Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Sous Chef – Winston Salem, NC
Reports to: Executive Chef
Position Summary: Oversee the overall operations of the kitchen. Manage staff to ensure high standards of food quality and efficiency, to ultimately deliver excellent customer service. Train, uphold and enforce company policy and procedures. Serve as point of contact for problem resolution. Work to control costs and ensure profitability for the restaurant.
- Oversee and direct kitchen staff. Responsible for all kitchen operations.
- Oversee the preparation, execution, quality control, and portion control of all food orders
- Oversee the accurate and efficient completion of opening and/or closing procedures
- Maintain performance standards of excellence and motivate team through training, direction and positive role modeling
- Assist with staff hiring, training, and scheduling
- Practice and enforce safe food handling procedures and safety procedures
- Offer creative ideas and be flexible with the rapid growth of the business and evolving brand
- Assist with the selection of menu changes and updates
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance to ensure the overall good appearance of the kitchen
- Complete manager log daily to inform fellow managers of any issues and things to be taken care of
- Standardize production of recipes to ensure consistent execution and quality of menu items
- Establish high quality standards through planning and pricing of the menu
- Serves as staff liaison to communicate specials and new menu items to servers, kitchen staff, and managers
- Assist kitchen staff when necessary by doing whatever necessary
- Enforce policies regarding side work, smoking, drinking, etc.
- Set a good example for the rest of the staff by working hard throughout the shift and following all policies you are enforcing on others
- Document any performance issues encountered with any employee immediately in their personnel file
- Constantly work to control costs and maintain efficient operation of kitchen
- Other duties as required
- Previous cooking and kitchen supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-driven and good at prioritizing time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous management experience
- Previous full-service restaurant experience
- ServSafe certification
- POSI Certified in TIPS alcohol training
- Proficient in Excel and Word
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- Standing Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Critical reasoning
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Service orientation
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.