Assistant Events Coordinator – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Private Events Manager
Position Summary: This position assists in the execution of private events under the general supervision of the Private Events Coordinator. The position will also assist in the execution of company sponsored events at the Tasting Room, Pub and Footnote and will work under the supervision of management of those locations.
- Communicate effectively with on-site clients to ensure proper execution of private events and ensure guest expectations are met
- Serve as primary point of contact for off-site catering clients. Ensure proper set-up of off-site events per guest expectations.
- Ensure proper execution of off-site catered events, including bartending & food service. Deliver food & beverages for off-site catered events as necessary.
- Work with Pub, Footnote, and Tasting Room managers to assist in executing company sponsored events
- Work as a server, barista, or bartender in the Pub, Footnote or Tasting Room as necessary
- Other duties as required
- Previous full-service restaurant or catering experience
- Ability to work with efficiency and composure under stressful conditions
- Ability to work fluctuating hours including nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communications skills
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- Previous event planning experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Filing documents
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Exercises good judgment
- Takes Initiative
- Customer Focused
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.