Barista/Bartender/Banquet Server – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Footnote Manager
Position Summary: Greet and provide customers with the full experience of craft coffee, tea, smoothies, beer and cocktails. Promote coffee consumption by educating customers and explaining differences in coffee and coffee preparation. Prepare and garnish foods from the grab and go cooler. Provide service to guests during private events which includes taking orders, setting up and breaking down, cocktail service and occasionally plated table service. Offer and provide excellent table service in café and breezeway by selling items from pub menu.
- Greet customers upon their arrival and departure of the establishment
- Provide helpful suggestions to customers with regards to coffee and bar menu
- Communicate with patrons and staff conveying specials and promotions.
- Prepare and sell coffee and cocktails menu items by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques
- Learning and selling items from pub menu
- Working with Chef and kitchen staff to expedite food service from pub
- Running food and providing guests with set ups and condiments needed for proper food service.
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee, food, and alcohol supply; stocking brewing equipment; maintaining supplies
- Follow recipes for preparing all in-house concentrates, syrups, cold-brewed coffees and teas
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Serve draft beer, bottled beer, wine and liquor according to procedure/recipe and specifications
- Collect payments and operates cash registers for menu items served following company established cash handling policies and procedures for all transactions
- Interact with guests to build loyalty and deliver exceptional customer service
- Clean bars, work areas, floors, windows, dusting, restrooms and tables as required and assist with the overall cleanliness
- Execute the accurate and efficient completion of opening and/or closing procedures
- Respond to and practice responsible serving of alcohol beverages.
- Adhere to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Previous bartending required and/or previous barista experience preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Self-driven and good at prioritizing time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong communications skills
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over several hours a day
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Service Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.