Brewer – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Head Brewer
Position Summary: We are searching for employees who share our passion and appreciation for quality beer and want to be part of a premier team. Foothills Brewing produces over 40,000bbl of world class beers annually with an established line up of core brands and rotating seasonals.
An ideal candidate would possess 2 years’ experience in a Commercial Production Brewery or High-Volume Pub and would be able to quickly learn and become proficient in both our Brewing and Cellar operations.
Our brewers operate our 50bbl four-vessel brewhouse to produce high quality and highly consistent wort according to spec. They are responsible for raw material handling, milling, mashing, lautering, boiling and wort cooling. Our brewhouse runs 24hrs per day, 5 days per week with additional staff on weekends. High attention to detail is paid to ensure brews are on time and in spec, and that each step of the process is thoroughly documented. Responsible for all cold side operations: CIP, Dryhopping, Centrifuge filtration, carbonation, yeast management, barrel aging, maintaining thorough digital and written records, and following SOPs to ensure high quality and consistency of our product to Foothills specifications.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Working in a loud production environment
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
- Exposure to grain dust
- Exposure to steamy wet spent grain
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.