Head Pub Brewer – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Brewmaster
Position Summary: Head Pub Brewer is responsible for all processes and procedures surrounding the brewing processes for beer and coffee at the 4th Street Brewpub.
- Develops and executes the production schedule
- Works with contract brew representatives to schedule and execute production for coffee and beer
- Coordinates canning of coffee cold brew with 3rd party canner
- Kegs all beer and cold brew coffee for distribution
- Maintains all quality control and sanitation processes and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment, tanks, and work areas to maintain consistent quality. Executes all CIP processes and procedures.
- Coordinates with brewery warehouse staff for transporting of any supplies and finished goods from Kimwell location to 4th Street.
- Maintains inventory
- Trouble-shoot any issues that might arise in the brewery
- Assists the Brewmaster in maintaining compliance with all regulations.
- Other duties as required
- At least five years of brewing experience
- Works well independently
- Valid drivers’ license
- Knowledge and understanding of the science of brewing and fermentation
- Strong communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials in cleaning
- Working in a loud production environment
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.