Private Events Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Director of Hospitality
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this job is to market, book, plan, coordinate and execute private parties and events as well as off-site catering.
- Market private event spaces to ensure full utilization and serve as primary point of contact for event rental customers
- Work to meet and/or exceed monthly sales goals
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service
- Communicate effectively with customers to ensure proper event planning and that guest expectations are met
- Utilize online reservation system effectively to ensure proper scheduling of events
- Work with Footnote, Pub and Tasting Room managers to schedule staff and coordinate event service details
- Work with Chef to coordinate catering menus and event details
- Work with Accounting staff to bill and collect payment for events
- Adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment and handle frequent changes and unexpected events well
- Stay abreast of the market and competition and work towards exceeding profitability goals
- Commit to long hours of work and a changing work schedule when necessary to meet goals
- Set challenging goals and demonstrate persistence to achieve them
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous management experience
- Strong communications skills
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- TIPS alcohol training
- Previous catering sales/event management experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Filing documents
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Exercises good judgment
- Takes Initiative
- Customer Focused
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.