Pub FOH Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: General Manager
Position Summary: Oversee the shift operations of the restaurant during scheduled or designated time frame. Manage staff to ensure high standards of customer service. Train, uphold and enforce company policy and procedures. Serve as point of contact for problem resolution. Work to control costs and ensure profitability for the restaurant.
- Oversee and direct restaurant operations and staff during assigned shifts
- Oversee the accurate and efficient completion of opening and/or closing procedures
- Maintain performance standards of excellence and motivate team through training, direction and positive role modeling
- Assist with staff hiring, training, and scheduling
- Practice and enforce safe food handling procedures and safety procedures in restaurant
- Develop personal connections with regular customers, new customers, and the greater Foothills community of business partners, community partners, and nonprofit partners.
- Work with fellow management team to develop new promotions to bring business in the door
- Offer creative ideas and be flexible with the rapid growth of the business and evolving brand
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance to ensure overall good appearance of the restaurant, both inside and outside
- Check reservations and ensure tables are set up accordingly. Confirm any unconfirmed reservations
- Complete manager log daily to inform fellow managers of any issues and things to be taken care of
- Assist wait staff, bar and kitchen staff when necessary by doing whatever necessary
- Be proficient in all computer ordering, discounting and payout procedures
- Visit tables throughout shifts and address any problems or complaints
- Run food and help expedite large parties
- Enforce policies regarding side work, smoking, drinking, etc.
- Assist in selling merchandise and gift cards
- Set a good example for the rest of the staff by working hard throughout the shift and following all policies you are enforcing on others
- Document any performance issues encountered with any employee immediately in their personnel file
- Constantly work to control costs
- Other duties as required
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-driven and good at prioritizing time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Proficient in Excel, Word and POSI Certified in TIPS alcohol training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous full-service restaurant experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Communicating
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Critical reasoning
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Service orientation
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.