Restaurant Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: 4th St. General Manager
Position Summary: Assist in overseeing and managing direct restaurant operations. Manage staff and schedules to ensure the highest standards of customer service. Train, uphold and enforce company policy and procedures. Serve as point of contact for problem resolution. Work to control costs and ensure profitability for the restaurant.
- Oversee and direct restaurant operations, management, and staff
- Maintain performance standards of excellence and motivate team through training and positive role modeling.
- Oversee the accurate and efficient completion of opening and/or closing procedures
- Monitor overall conditions of restaurant both inside and out.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports as required.
- Maintain performance standards of excellence and motivate team through training, direction, and positive role modeling
- Assist with staff hiring, training, and scheduling
- Practice and enforce safe food handling procedures and safety procedures in restaurant
- Develop personal connections with regular customers, new customers, and the greater Foothills community of business partners, community partners, and nonprofit partners.
- Ensure that patrons needs are met and that their dining experience is the best one possible.
- Respond to negative feedback and take immediate corrective measures.
- Lead fellow management team in developing new promotions to bring business in the door.
- Offer creative ideas and be flexible with the rapid growth of the business and evolving brand
- Check reservations and ensure tables are set up accordingly. Confirm any unconfirmed reservations and submit all BEO’s to kitchen.
- Complete manager log daily to inform fellow managers of any issues and things to be taken care of
- Assist wait staff, bar and kitchen with job functions as needed for successful workflow.
- Be proficient in all computer ordering, discounting and payout procedures
- Visit tables throughout shifts and address any problems or complaints
- Run food and help expedite large parties
- Enforce policies regarding side work, smoking, drinking, etc.
- Assist in selling merchandise and gift cards
- Set a good example for the rest of the staff by working hard throughout the shift and following all policies you are enforcing on others
- Document any performance issues encountered with any employee immediately in their personnel file
- Constantly work to control costs
- Other duties as required
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-driven and good at prioritizing time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Proficient in Excel, Word and POSI Certified in TIPS alcohol training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous full-service restaurant experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Critical reasoning
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Service orientation
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.