Tasting Room Assistant Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
Department: Tasting Room
Position Summary: Deliver exceptional customer service to all guests to ensure customer loyalty and repeat business. Work as a knowledge expert on all Foothills beers and styles and educate guests on them. Serve guests promptly and courteously and maintain overall bar cleanliness and appearance of the Tasting Room. Assist in training and managing all staff to ensure high standards of customer service. Assist in planning and executing on-site events to attract new business to the Tasting Room. Assist in marketing the space for private rental. Uphold and enforce company policy and procedures.
- Consistently delivers a high standard of customer service for all guests
- Educate guests on beer styles, history and flavors
- Lead engaging and informative brewery tours
- Promote and sell merchandise and gift cards
- Assist in maintaining a properly functioning, clean, organized, stocked, and secure space that nails a Health Dept. inspection, including the bar
- Overseeing opening and closing procedures as required
- Assist in training and overseeing staff, serving as a leader and providing a positive environment for staff, and providing opportunities for growth
- Assist in planning, organizing, marketing and executing events, parties, activities and games
- Collect keg orders from customers and coordinate order with Shipping manager and handle logistics for customer pickup
- Responsible for inventory orders and control. Place weekly keg orders for keg cooler with Shipping Manager. Place merchandise orders to replenish stock as needed with Inventory Analyst. Perform monthly merchandise inventory counts and report data to Inventory Analyst. Maintain and order snack food & NA Beverages as needed.
- Assist in providing food options for guests, including food truck scheduling
- Monitor and report daily cash flow
- Offer creative ideas and be flexible with the rapid growth of the business and evolving brand
- Document any performance issues encountered with any employee immediately and forward to Tasting Room Manager or Human Resources
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bartending experience required
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of beer and beer industry
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- Proficient in Excel, Word and POSI
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for several hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.