Tasting Room Manager – Winston-Salem, NC
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Director of Hospitality
Department: Tasting Room
Position Summary: Create an environment of excellence in beer knowledge and customer service. Oversee the overall operations of the Tasting Room. Hire, train and manage all staff to ensure high standards of customer service. Plan and execute on-site events to attract new business to the Tasting Room. Market the space for private rental. Manage cost and ensure profitability for the Tasting Room as a whole.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest level of customer service for all guests
- Maintain performance standards of excellence and motivate team through training, direction and positive role modeling
- Oversee and direct all tasting room operations, management and staff
- Develop, plan, organize and execute events (both large and small) that will attract and retain customers. Work with the Marketing Director to promote and publicize events.
- Work with the Private Events Manager to organize and execute private parties
- Educate guests on beer styles, history and flavors
- Lead engaging and informative brewery tours
- Maintain inventory and take action to control theft and prevent loss
- Effectively merchandise retail inventory
- Monitor and report daily cash flow
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure bar remains current.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and strictly abides by state alcohol regulations.
- Maintain tasting room sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines
- Develop and manage staff schedule
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance to ensure the overall good appearance of the tasting room both inside and outside
- Adhere to state regulations and liability concerns
- Make note of any maintenance/repairs that cannot be performed immediately or in-house
- Assist staff when necessary/li>
- Document any performance issues encountered with any employee immediately and forward to Human Resources
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Bartending experience required
- Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of beer and beer industry
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- Punctual and dependable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and POSI
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for several hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.