MOON ROCKS Party!
Saturday, July 20, 2019
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Let’s Party Like It’s 1969!
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of a “giant leap for mankind” – the Apollo 11 moon landing – at Kaleideum North!
• Countdown to the launch of a Saturn V model rocket!
• Watch the Apollo 11 documentary, which recently screened in theaters nationwide! (8-9:30 pm; limited number of seats on a first-come basis; recommended for ages 11 and up)
• Listen to the real-time audio feed recorded as astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the Moon!
• Get a taste for something out of this world with Stoo and his friends in a pop-up performance of Peppercorn Theatre’s new play, “Stoo’s Famous Martian-American Gumbo!”
• Make your own groovy tie-dyed bandana!
• Rock out with Carolina Crossing, a six-piece band that covers a wide variety of genres … including ’60s pop and rock!
• Sample some ’60s classics: Tang and Moon Pies from our friends at Lowes Foods Reynolda Road!
• View the stars through professional telescopes with Forsyth Astronomical Society! (9-10 pm, weather permitting)
And there’s more! Door prizes, science demonstrations, and planetarium shows. Food available for purchase, including dessert from the Ice Queen. Cash bars hosted by Foothills (beer & wine) and Mayberry Spirits Distillery (mixed drinks & non-alcoholic specialty drinks). Retro attire encouraged!
Purchase your tickets online in advance for a discount and easy check-in!
Youth ages 1-19 $5
Children 11 months and under Free
Ticket prices at the door: Adults are $12 and Youth Ages 1-19 are $6. EBT cardholders may purchase tickets at the door for $3 through our Museums for All program.